Visit TAFA's new site!

Terry Aske Art Quilts

Explosion of Color by Terry Aske


My earliest creative memory is from kindergarten, making a mosaic from seeds and beans. This was the beginning of a life-long quest to find the perfect medium to express myself.

Over the years, I’ve dabbled in many creative activities such as beading, drawing, painting, knitting and sewing. Although I enjoyed all of these, none held my interest for long. Then in 1998, a friend invited me to join her at a one-day quilting course. Finally, I had found an artistic medium that fascinated and inspired me! I discovered the work of other art quilters and started designing my own quilts. A perfectionist by nature, the precision demanded by the complex quilts I create, combined with my passion for beautiful and vivid fabrics, makes art quilting the perfect outlet for my creativity.

I am fascinated with nature themes, as well as geometric patterns. Sometimes the concept for a new quilt is based on a specific color combination I want to use, sometimes on a photo I’ve taken of leaves or flowers or a landscape. For commissioned pieces, the starting point is usually a specific size and color theme. The design always evolves during the creative process, and the final quilt is often quite different from my original concept.

Since 1998, I’ve completed more than 60 art quilts. I sell and exhibit in the US and Canada and on the Internet.  My goal is to continue to evolve as an artist, exploring new subject matter and techniques in my art quilts.

Rainbow Spiral by Terry Aske


Website: Terry Aske Art Quilts
Location:  New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Online Store: Terry Aske Art Quilts
Memberships:
 Languages spoken:  English




Tags: art quilting, fiber artist, textile art, bright intense colors, geometric patterns, nature themes, leaves, machine piecing, machine quilting, applique


.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    “Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
    -Henry David Thoreau

    In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails